A Very Happy New Year, Everyone. Welcome to 2015, a Universal 8 year (2+0+1+5 = 8).
As is said in the Bible, in the book of Ecclesiastes, as noted by Pete Seger and brought to pop prominence by The Byrds, there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven.
And everything has a vibration/energy if you will. So as we change years, we change cycles, and the energy turns from one time to another.
So . . . we are now in a Universal 8 year. What exactly does that mean? Well, although interestingly enough, 8 is infinity (standing upright), it also means “as above so below.” What I’ve always found so interesting about an 8 year is that it’s about material, or things or power. But, one thing is for sure, it will be a very different year than 2014 . . . expect some bang for your buck!
While 2014 was more of a quiet and meditative (Universal 7) year, I personally ended 7 going into 8 with tons of social engagements and parties! I expect that to be a prelude to how 2015 will be.
I want to emphasize that the “Universal Year” relates to what can be expected universally. So, while the Universe at large may be going through materialism, you may not be. To calculate what you might be going through would require an analysis of 2015 and how that relates to your personal birth day and year. Personally, I check this out each year for myself. In retrospect, it’s always interesting to look back and see what happened in your last personal year cycle, and observe whether your calculations were correct. It’s all a bit too complicated to get into in this short newsletter.
Although I’ve never been into the “resolution” of a new year perspective, I most certainly do believe in cycles and vibrations, and changes in those cycles. Thus, there will be changes as we move from 2014 to 2015.
I would point out that if there are things you very much want to change or add in your life, then by all means take advantage of the new energy, and beckon it to assist you. You must, however, be conscious of your intent, or expected outcome of whatever it is you want to achieve. This is very important because you must want your goals to happen. Recognize, however, that your goals may not be achieved right away. Brace yourself for moments of doubt, and try to proceed along the lines of faith and courage. Make sure that you really do want your dreams to come true – all things considered – but as the saying goes, “Be careful what you wish for.”
I have over the years had this discussion with so many students, clients, and friends about how we really can manifest our own reality, and put into action what it is we want. Here is a list of just how we can begin to manifest our dreams and desires, and a reminder of what the Universal 8 year is all about. Consider . . .
- You know what you want, but ask yourself, “How deep is my desire?” I think you may find it very interesting just to sit down alone and ask, “What do I really what to have happen in 2015?” Whatever it is, you must feel it very deeply or have an emotional inner-connection to that desire. Remember, everything is about energy. Connect with your emotions and deep desires. It is very important to go into your subconscious which affects your thoughts, which in turn attracts that which you want, or the results you want to achieve. You cannot manifest your dreams without a passion for them, in my view. So when asking or focusing on this or that, make sure that you have an emotional bond to that which you wish to connect.
- Your motivation. Your motivation may be supportive in numerous ways. The Universe will support you when you’re doing the highest good for all concerned, and/or the planet. When you shift your consciousness from “MY needs or wants” to “What can I give or do to benefit others or the world?” you expand your thoughts, consciousness, and power, and that travels far energetically.
- Fears and Beliefs . . . I talk about this factor in detail in my book A Medium’s Cookbook: Recipes for the Soul. There I discuss in full that the two key things that stop us from connecting with our loved ones in Spirit are our fears and beliefs (maybe the latter should be referred to as “disbeliefs”). If you continue to feel the way you feel about not being able to connect with loved ones on the Other Side, or the possibility of whether it can or can’t happen, most often it is because of your fears and belief system. If this is you, this mindset will require some healing on your part, perhaps engaging in forgiveness (which often benefits you more than it does the forgiven person). For example, let’s say you’ve had dreams about your deceased parent but then you remember that he or she was very discouraging and said that you will never be able to achieve a precious goal of yours. Those were powerful negative thoughts being thrust upon you, and you may have to look at them in a forgiving way, considering the mindset of the person from where those negative words arose, in order to make the connection with the parent you still love but who also hurt you so.
- Patience. In short, be kind to yourself through this and every journey. Everything happens for a reason, in its own time – though it may take a while to figure out the reason why something happened.
- Be in the now! Enjoy where you are now and count your blessings. I know this is a bit of a cliche, but there is a reason cliches last so long – they are often on the money! Being present helps open up more doors for your motivations and the purpose of your process.
Most importantly: ENJOY!
All of these steps can be parts of your spiritual life and help you to begin manifesting whatever it is you want to have happen in 2015. Consider giving it a shot! And may the Force be with you!
Just as a reminder, I always look forward to reconnecting with so many of you I’ve met over the years, and with new folks with whom I may be connecting for the first time. So please feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, and questions with me. You can contact me through my website.
As always, I hope everything you want maybe yours. Just be generous in your desires.